Thank you for expressing interest in participating in the healing power of the ocean and adaptive surfing. Participating in these events can be a very rewarding experience. Please read the below information and then sign up for the clinics you would like to participate in.
All clinics are FREE to participants, we do ask all participants to do a REFUNDABLE deposit to hold her/his spot at the clinic. After you attend the clinic, your deposit will be refunded to you within 30 days unless you indicate to us you would like to turn it into a donation.
8:00- 8:30 a.m. – Participants arrive* – Meet, greet and suit up
8:30-9:00 a.m. – Dry land instruction
9:00-11:30 a.m. – In-water surf instruction
11:30-12:00 p.m. – Beach break down
12:00-12:30 p.m. -Lunch
Participants are encouraged to contact AmpSurf in advance to make sure all efforts can be made to accommodate your disability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants should bring the following items: Swim suit, Towel, Sunscreen, Picture ID
AmpSurf will provide a surfboard, wetsuit, and rash guard. A beach wheelchair is available if needed.
All clinics require a minimum number of five participants, so we encourage all who are interested in attending to please invite others you know to sign up!
Deposits (the fine print):
1. Deposits are used to hold the spot for one person at one clinic and may not be transferred to other clinics or events.
2. If a participant has multiple people they wish to have attend the clinic as participants, a deposit must be made for each individual person.
3. If you are being sponsored to attend the event by an organization or other group, the participant must still make the deposit to secure the slot for the clinic.
4. Within 30 days of attending the clinic, the person making the deposit has the option to turn the deposit into a donation.
5. Deposits will be fully refunded to the original applicant provided AmpSurf is notify at least 1 week prior to a 1-day clinic and 2 weeks prior to a multi-day clinic. Late cancellations, (within 1 week for 1-day clinics, and 2 weeks for multi-day clinics) the deposit cannot be refunded and will be accounted for as a donation to the AmpSurf Learn to Surf Program.
6. If a clinic is canceled due to a lack of Participant sign -ups (less than 5) or any other reason, AmpSurf will return the deposit to all original applicants within 30 days.
7. Participants must arrive between 8-8:30am or they risk losing their slot. If a participant loses his or her slot because they are late, AmpSurf will make every attempt to get them in the water, but cannot guarantee it.
Slots that open because of participants being late will be given to those waiting on stand-by. A fee of $50 will be charged for anyone waiting on stand-by or signing up at the beach. This is not a deposit and will not be refunded, it is a beach sign-up fee.